Monday 30 April 2012

A quick lookit.

I remember the first time I was really made aware of Weaponizer when I was accused of keeping the site to myself.  I'm embarrassed to say that I'd been following the Weaponizer Twitter for a while without paying much attention.  My silence was more to do with being dim than selfishly hogging a place for people to have their writing shown off.

When I went to the site I was pleasantly surprised at how welcoming, yet packed it was.  At the time I was doing my own fiction blog on my late MySpace page (RIP, a wee bit), but I put together an original bit of flash fiction and sent it along.  The editor was enthusiastic about this little horror tale and soon 'The Torch Skull' was sitting on the site.  Since then I've had a few other pieces, including a comic, accepted by the site.

In the just over four years since that first story appeared on the site I've got to know Bram, the editor, mastermind and driving force behind Weaponizer.

This brings me to the big news.  Bram is bringing Weaponizer to the print world.  There's a plethora of writers and fantastic artists on display within it's pages (and me, but you make up your own mind there).  I'm looking forward to the final product juggling in my grimy mitts.

On top of all that the Weaponizer site (www.weaponizer.co.uk for those who don't trust embedded links) is coming back up to speed, along with a new line up of editors taking the pressure off Bram.  It looks like a bright future for Weaponizer and I'm glad to be part of it.


Will

No comments:

Post a Comment